28 July 2015

Bright Lights, Big City


After a 15 hour flight from Hong Kong, I found myself in NYC! Was I excited!? I could hardly wait to explore the city!! I last visited the Big Apple when I was eight years old, so coming here ten years later gave me a completely different take on it!

We stayed at the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel on 34th and 8th - right at the heart of Manhattan. The bright lights of Times Square was just a couple of blocks away! Also known as the "Center of the Universe", it was amazing how alive it still was when we got there close to midnight. The streets were packed with tourists and locals just taking in what it had to offer. "Artists" dressed as famous movie characters from Captain America to Elmo, women with nothing on but body paint luring tourists for a photo in exchange for a few dollars, electronic billboards and skyscrapers, famous retail stores, Broadway theatres, restaurants and food trucks - name it and Times Square definitely has it!

Indeed, by the looks of my first night here, New York is definitely a city that never sleeps!