11 August 2015

Only in NYC


Last chance to make the most out of my trip to New York! Made sure that we started the day early so we could check off majority of the things on the to do list!

What better way to get a glimpse of what it's like to be a New Yorker than to take the subway! To be honest, I've never felt more lost in my life! After 30 minutes (of figuring out which platform to go to), and 2 stops, we found ourselves in Gray's Papaya, a famous hotdog restaurant.

Optimism led us to believe that we could walk from the West Side, cross Central Park, and end up in the Upper East Side. An hour and a couple hundred steps later, we were at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, or better known as the MET Museum. For Gossip Girl (a teen drama television series) fans, I had my Blair Waldorf moment!

Drained from the walk, we hailed a cab to bring us to Grand Central Station. Standing at the steps, I felt like I had just arrived and was about to make my way to the Upper East Side (Gossip Girl reference again!). On the way back to the hotel, we stopped by Bryant Park. 

Watched Les Miserables, a Broadway Musical, on my last night there. The famous Ramin Karimloo played the role of Jean Valjean, the main protagonist. From the actors down to the atmosphere of the place, the show was absolutely amazing! No better way to cap off my stay in New York!