29 September 2015

Home


After my first month back in university, I was itching to go home to Cebu! And, of course, the pleasures that came with it - freshly cooked meals, neatly pressed clothes, crisp bed linens, and long conversations over dinner with my parents and brother. It's funny how so many things have changed over time (my third year living alone in Manila), yet some things stay absolutely the same. 

Spent my time there seeing my grandparents, visiting the Sto. Niño church, catching up with friends, and bonding with my family. It was something I have been longing for for a long time. 

Sunday night: it was time for me to head back to Manila. I hoped to be able to stay longer. It was so difficult to let go - it never gets easier. But the best thing about it was that it reminded me that my family will always be with me - my constants in a world where constants are an extreme rarity. Remember that home isn't a place; home is a person, it is where one's heart lies. 'Till the next time I'm home!