12 June 2015

Bruges


Another Belgian adventure a few days ago in the city of Bruges. We started the trip with a boat ride through the canals, where we saw old houses, yachts, and numerous restaurants by the water. Also known as the Venice of the North, a lot of people bike around the city since it is one of the most convenient ways to get around. 

A quaint and interesting city with a few tourist attractions, it was an unforgettable experience as we tried their famous Belgian Beer! A first for me as my drink of choice has always been water, I opted for something light, a Boscoli - cool fruit beer - which I surprisingly really liked! Another hit was the Hoegaarden Rose.

When it was time to go back, my friends and I had an unexpected detour (blame it on the beer!). We took a left on a corner where we were supposed to go right, so it was chaos for the next 30 minutes as we tried to find our way back to the bus. Thankfully it didn't leave without us! Embarrassed, flushed, and relieved, it was an exciting day of firsts!